prices of model predictive control solutions

• Thread starter Andrey Romanenko
  • Start date
A

Andrey Romanenko

Hello,

I have been trying to find a summary of advanced control solutions with list prices to no avail. It is possible to infer these prices from the ROI value ("typically within one year") but it would be nice to see explicitly at least
the price for the software. I understand that the costs of Installation and commissioning depend on the size of the plant and the complexity of the process and so these cannot be "list prices" as they are determined on a case-by-case basis. However, if the in-house staff is experienced, the software may be deployed without contracting such services from the software vendor. I would appreciate any URL showing the above information.
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Andrey Romanenko

A
Andrey,

We have just carried out a survey of 14 commercially available MPC packages for one of our clients, a member of our ACTC (Applied Control Technology Consortium, see web-site given below for more info). Such studies are normally only made available to ACTC member companies, however, we *may* make a summary available to all companies. It is still being completed and so I don't yet know what information will be made available. I will announce it here when it is ready.

In the meantime most of the MPC vendors will give you a price if you ask. Typically they range in price from $2K (USD) up to over $50K. Price is usually dependent upon number of variables and number of controllers, whether it is a perpetual or annual license, and some have different prices for development versions and run-time versions.

Regards,

Andy Clegg_______________________________________ [email protected] __

Applied Control Technology Technology Consortium
50 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1QE Tel: (+44) 0141 553 1111
http://www.isc-ltd.com/actclub Fax: (+44) 0141 553 1232

A

Andrey Romanenko

Andy,

Thank you very much for your information. $2000 to $50000 is a big price range, indeed. I look forward to your announcement on the control.com list.

Best Regards,
Andrey Romanenko

P

Paul J. Botzman

Andrey,

Andy is correct on the $2k - $50k price range for APC software. We never publish our list prices on MANTRA because there are many other factors that play into the final cost: quantity, engineering assistance, training, and technical supports needs to name a few.

I hope this helps. Have a great day and Stay in Control!

Paul J. Botzman
ControlSoft Inc.
[email protected]