Printing from ProWORX NxT on Win2000

B

bobwool

Has anyone else had a problem printing logic, etc, from ProWORX NxT v2.20 running on Windows 2000? We've had lockups on two different PC's when trying to print.

T
Yes, when trying to print to a HP8000 network printer. Schneider tech support was no help at all, I wasn't very impressed. I set up phantom HP LJ4 printer that was directed to a file and then copied the file to the network printer and that worked. A pain.

B

Bob Peterson

I have found that the Schneider software is pretty picky about what printers it will actually print to. I was completely unable to get Concept 2.2 or 2.5 to print to a PDF driver on my W98 machine. And the 2.2 version would not print to a networked laser printer we had (I forget what it was, HP2 something I think). It also seems to make a difference what O/S you use as well. Both print reliably to other printers though.

On Modicon's website if you pick Proworx 32 and then go to tech faqs, there is a document in there about printing to a network printer. It says to print to a network printer you should create a printer and map it to a local port. Go to "www.modicon.com":http://www.modicon.com and do a search for 'proworx print' and it will come right up. I've done it and verified it works on Windows 2000.

R

Rafael Jacomino

The easy route is of course printing locally to an HP printer or any printer that has back-wards compatible HPCL language capability. If gotta do it through the network then two thing you gotta do:

- Utilize Windows' "Universal Naming Convention" tools (some folks that know-enough-to-be-dangerous call this 'UNC it') to "map" your Network Printer into your LPT1 port (easy in WIN2000). Treating your printer as an IP device helps a lot. I have never succeeded with NetWare or any other Network OS that handles printer services. In other words, make it "virtually" direct and it should work.
- Your printer MUST do genuine and back-wards compatible HPCL language.

I have WIN2000 PRO with ProWorx NxT 2.2 and I can print to my local HP1220c and a networked LANIER laser printer set-up as an IP Printer. The only thing that I have trouble with is managing the page margins whenever I print a "Visual Configuration" (a graphic representation of the "Traffic-cop" which my customers seem to like). Nonetheless, just acknowledge all the error messages and it still prints!

Hope this garble helps, good luck...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Computing 3
F General Automation Chat 3
J Power Generation 2
J Computing 3
D Power Generation 1