Problem in starting AB PCIC card (driver is in stopped mode)

• Thread starter Muhammad asim Khan
  • Start date
M

Muhammad asim Khan

We have recently purchased four PCIC control net cards. After installing those in our computers two were found to be working properly while the other two generated the following error.

"Unable to Access 1784-PCIC Kernel-mode driver. At least one 1784 - PCIC Card Needs to be Installed"

And the making the RSLinx go irretrievably into stop mode.

We have already,

1. checked the faulty cards in different computers.
2. confirmed that the card status in the device manager dialog box is healthy i.e. there is no yellow mark against the card.

We are using RSlinx lite (we have also checked at pro also) ver 2.41

This problem may be due to this that once we were upgrading PCIC card firmware & power to card was interrupted. after that we start getting this message.

we have also performed "REGSVR32" operation on ab_vbp.drv. this file registered sucessfully.

Status in Device manager (after showing hidden devices) under "non plug & play drivers" tab, then A-B virtual back plane is also on "SYSTEM"

We have also called at ypur USA office they gave us a no of India but finally we are unable to get any response.

We would be really grateful for u regarding this help.

waiting...
Regards,
Muhammad asim Khan

Hi Asim,

Faced a similar problem just yesterday with my PCIC card in my PC. But the same PCIC card was working OK in the Same PC before a month. During all that time the PC was Turned OFF which i turned ON just yesterday to find this problem. Tried everything but still not OK. Any Bright Ideas.

Have u found a solution to ur problem? if yes please tell me How. I am in very urgent need for a solution.

email - [email protected]

E

Eduardo Hernandez

Hello my name is Eduardo Hernandez.

I have the same problem in more than one computer. The card was working fine for several weeks and now is not.

Did you found the solution?

Thanks