Problem in WinCC Server Terminal Bus

K

Kanag

Hi
I'm configuring a WinCC V6.2 SP2 Server (Windows Server 2003 R2) for S7-fault tolerant system for 2nos of 414-4H CPU. The Server PC has two Siemens network cards CP1613 an S7 redconnect for switch over. The configuration is working as expected in the plant bus side. I have one client PC (WinXP SP2) for the server. In the terminal bus side Im using the onboard Ethernet port to connect to the client PC and Server PC. Both Server & Client are Dell Optiplex 755 desktop PC.

When Im pinging the client PC IP address from Server PC it is showing "Hardware Error". From the client PC I can able to ping the Server PC IP. Some times it is reverse also. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the driver of the onboard Intel 82566DM network card. After that I can able to ping from either side. But it is not consistent. After reboot again Im getting the Hardware error during pinging.

I wanted to know whether the CP1613 is conflicting with the terminal bus? Any settings to be done for the terminal bus? In the device manager I could see both CP1613 & Intel card are under Network adaptor category.

Regards,
Kanag

D

David Mertens

I think your problem is caused by the microsoft operating system mistakenly trying to use the wrong network card for communication. However by correctly configuring your hardware this problem can be avoided.

Your CP 1613 should be configured not to use TCP/IP but ISO protocol only. Redundant communication with Siemens H-CPU's is only possible through S7-Redconnect on an ISO connection. If you install the NDIS driver for the CP1613 it can be used as a normal ethernet network card, but that is not what you want. So either don't install the NDIS driver or remove the TCP/IP protocol from the CP1613 network cards. That should fix your problem.

If you have multiple network connections with TCP/IP you can also use the simatic shell te set the selected terminal network adapter. Simatic shell is integrated in the windows explorer, it should apear as a folder under "My Computer" when the simatic net software is installed.

Kind Regards,
David

Dear David Mertens

Thanks a lot for your reply. The CP1613 card is using ISO protocol only. The fault tolerant system is working fine and the switch over is happening as expected with Redconnect.

Im not sure whether I have used NDIS driver or not! I have installed the Simatic Net software and the driver is automatically installed. Is that NDIS driver to be separately installed or whether it will be installed during Simatic Net?

After assigning the terminal bus in the simatic shell also the error exist?

Can you please kindly guide me how to solve this issue?

Hi,

In addition to the previous thread, please ensure the following,

1. The firewall on both machined should be off. Otherwise you may have problems when accessing the Server machines.

2. If you are using 2 CP1613 cards in order to communicate with the Plant and Termainal Bus then disable the Onboard Network Card (This might help).

Goodluck !!!