problem of MPCB tripping

G

Govind

We have the control transformer in our drive line up incomer panel. The primary of control transformer is fed through MPCB of appropriate rating form incomer section. Whenever we are switching on the supply for the first time, MPCB is tripping. After some time, the problem is rectifying upon itself. I thought that initially the impedance of transformer will be very less, so it is tripping like that. But I am unable to justify it, Can anyone help me please.............

Govind,

<b>When did this problem start?</b> Has it been happening since the original commissioning, or has it just recently started?

What type and size (current rating) is the MPCB (Main Power Circuit Breaker???) is in use in the drive line-up incomer panel?

How many phases does the circuit breaker protect?

You say, the problem is rectified after some time "by itself." Is the breaker tripping device a thermal type element or some other type of tripping device?

Are there external devices that can trip the breaker?

When you post for help with a problem please remember that we don't have any experience with or knowledge of the particulars of the equipment at your site. We rely on the information you provide, which was very little in this case. If someone unknown to you approached you and said, "My watch doesn't work; what might the problem be?" how would you respond? Presume that the watch is not visible to you, so you can't see if it's a digital watch, or an analog watch. You don't know if it is electronic (with a battery) or a manually would watch. You don't know anything about the watch which is reported to not be working and you can't immediately ascertain any information because you can't see the watch.

That's what this question is like. The MPCB is not working (which is not a term everyone here on this forum is familiar with), so some explanation would be helpful in case I have presumed incorrectly. Try to remember what it was like the first time you heard or encountered the term "MPCB". Did you immediately know what it meant or did you have to ask or consult a drawing legend for explanation?

Try to provide as much information as you can, and try to anticipate as many questions about the equipment and situation as you can. Provide information about the troubleshooting you have done, including the results of the troubleshooting. You will likely be very surprised and impressed with the responses you receive, which will likely be better than the questions we have to ask before we can provide any useful information.