Problem with Factory Link 6.6 trend

L

Luchino

Hi All!

I'm a beginner Factory Link programmer.

I'm going to use Factory Link 6.6 and
I've this error in TREND task :

Invalid column/tag name 'TRNFV.TREND.TR001' chart '#6857' pen pen1

Someone have just seen this kind of error?
Can someone help me?

bye.

P.S.: Sorry for my english.

Hi,

Problem: I.
The trend task complains about an invalid column/tag name.

Solution: I.
The invalid column/tag name normally appears if (1) the column specified in the pen animation Column/Tag does not exist in the table, (2) a tag has been specified in this field instead of a column (for dblog), (3) a tag has been specified which is assigned a column name but before the column name has been assigned the trend task accesses this tag and thinks it is a tag name as there is no column name assigned yet (for dblog), or (4) if the information in the Trend Database Tables do not match the information in the pen animation (for dblog). It is not necessary to define the Database Alias name, Table name, and Column/Tag field in the pen animation if you have defined a tag in the Tag field (the first field), if there is something defined in these fields then they will be used as the default values until something is assigned to the pen tag in the Tag field. The pen tag is assigned in the same format as the fields below it, which is:
Database_Alias_Name.Table_Name.Column_Name

As long as the table has been added correctly with bh_sql and it contains the column being assigned to the pen tag and none of the above 4 conditions are occurring it should work. You can verify what is being assigned to the pen tag by watching the pen tag in RTMON, and also by putting -L -V4 -X in the trend task's program argument field and -L3 -X as the historian program arguments and see in the log files what values are being loaded into the pen tag. If the problem still cannot be determined and corrected send the application along with the database and detailed complete log files to support.
------------------------------------------
Problem: II.
Incorrect column/tag name '%s' chart '%s' pen: Invalid information is written to the dynamic pen message tag.

Solution: II.
Verify the Database Alias name, Table name, and Column/Tag names are all valid where they are assigned to the dynamic pen, or if dynamic pen is not being used then if they are valid in the chart's pen animation in appedit.

[email protected]
Ruslan

Invalid column/tag name 'TRNFV.TREND.TR001' chart '#6857' pen pen1

You are trying to access invalid data from your database when you assign pen1

This means that you are trying to assign to pen1 data from the column name TR001, in a database table named TREND.
The TRNFV at the front describes the database alias which will describe the path to where the database exists on the computers hard drive.

It is essential that you configure all of the tables correctly. Please make sure that the column TR001 exists in the database TREND.

You can check this by looking in the database logging control panel and check that in the "Column Name" that TR001 is listed. Also make sure in the Schema referenced in this table that the column exists as well. There is also a table usually configured in the USER Domain called Trend Database Tables, make sure your Database Alias Name and Database Table Name are listed here.

I know FactoryLink trending can be a very confusing but it can be done and works quite well once it is setup. Feel free to email me at: [email protected] if you want more assistance or if this helped you.

Regards,
Don