Problem with GE Fanuc PLC 90-30

A

Anonymous

I have got a trouble with GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC recently. Someone told me that I should contact to a local distributor of GE Fanuc products in order to get a Versa Pro software to connect to this PLC and find out the problem but I live in Viet Nam and there is not any local distributor of GE Fanuc products in my country. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has one.

Thanks and best regards.

J
Unfortunately, VersaPro is a licensed software product. There is no longterm way to get around this. GE is kind enough to allow for use with a timed 4 day usage before it expires.

If you can get to http://www.gefanuc.com you should be able to purchase the software. It's not that cheap....1000-1500 dollars US.

Also, they are moving from VersaPro to Cimplicity Machine Edition as their preferred programming suite for their PLCS.

Depending on the age of your PLC and the model number of the PLC CPU, you might be able to use the DOS/Win 3.1 product called LogicMaster. At this juncture it is generally free, but does not support a number of the newer PLC's and I/O modules.

Try to find the Logicmaster software, it was free with the 90-30 CPU. It's a DOS-based software, but works fine.

Try to contact me in 5 days, if i have one to send you.