Problems communicating with Quadlog

I

Igor

I'm doing the upgrade of the existing facility Quadlog safety system and the attempts to go online via the MODULBUS wouldn't bring me further than module tree.

I can check the errors through the module tree. And it's error free. I can even clear it but every time I double click on the Resourse it just hangs. I was able to upload the existing program but it was incredibly slow (took like forty minutes). As it's a working facility, so shutdown is not an option. I can try full redownload but with the communication that slow I'm not sure if it's going to get me anywhere. Another option I see is taking processor off the rack, removing the battery and doing full redownload than. Does anyone know any other way?

S
Something is wrong, this should not happen. Did you see any Modulbus errors when you checked controller diagnostics? Also look in your diagnostic logger which should be running as well, double click on errors to open up text explanation. You could have a bad MBUS connection.

If all this is OK then check compatibility of your CPUs and software version you are using. This can be done by opening front door of CCMs and looking in 4-mation -> Help -> About. You can goto Siemens Free Online support at http://www4.ad.siemens.de/WW/llisap...ang=en&aktprim=99&content=skm/newSKM/main.asp
and ask your question. This is a 24hr, 365 day a year service.