Problems with RS Logix 500

D

Daniel Rallo

Hi, list:

Does anyone in the community have problems with RS Logix 500 working on line while deleting rungs?.

When PLC program is big. While I'm editing on line and I decide to delete a rung, I loose connection and have to upload all program from PLC.

Thanks,

Daniel Rallo
EMTE Sistemas, S.A.
Engineering Dept.
Barcelona, SPAIN

hi,

this is ramu from india.
nice to answer to your query as yesterday only we had a training on online editing.
what i believe is that nothing should happen to your logic when you do an online editing as that particular rung will be duplicated .
please check the sequence/ format of the editing procedure.

D
Rockwell has just started an RSLogix forum at www.rslogixforum.com, which you might find useful in future.

What version are you using? I think that the Spanish versions are brought out after the English but I'm not sure if they bring extra bugs too. I remember that version 4.00.00 had some problems with very slow on-line editing, which were pretty much fixed in 4.10.00. However rung comments were shifted around during on-line editing. I am now using v4.10.01 which is a candidate release version off the website. I am giving it a fairly good thrashing and it seems OK - I would certainly recommend it over 4.00.00 and 4.10.00.

R

Ralph G. McDonald, P.E.

Hi Daniel

I have had similar problems with on-line editing if it is the first rung in a ladder. The work around is to make the 1st rung in each sub-ladder a standard info rung that you never edit on-line

I just recieved my upgrade notice for RSLogix 4.10 so I don't know if it still exists in the newest version.

Ralph

S
Daniel,

I did not have this problem in the past........ until I upgraded to 4.0 and then just this week during an on-line edit session I was booted off from the SLC. I had not deleted any rungs yet, as I just was testing edits at the time when it happened. After a quick check of my program on the laptop that I had been working with I found that all my edits were intact, so I just did
a download to the PLC. I first tried to just go back on-line but my trusty RS told me I didn't have a matching file....... imagine that. I also got a message telling me that the file on the laptop was corrupted and could not be opened....... after I had already opened it, downloaded and went back off-line. I can still open it and work with it, however. I have long ago learned that Rockwell shares some of the same phantom apparitions that Gate's-ware has. Who knows why????

Sid Roberts
[email protected]

P

Peter Mackey

I have experienced the same problem as well. I have a couple of laptops one with RS Logix 500 version 4 and another with a previous version. The version 4 has kicked me out while doing online edits. Since I was connected to a remote site at 2400 baud I assumed it was noise on the
line. I switched to the other laptop and did not have any problems. When I switched back to Version 4 the problem recurred. Does anyone know of a fix from Rockwell for this?

Peter G. Mackey
Engineering Technologist
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
Iqaluit, Nunavut
[email protected]

R
Hallo Daniel
I discovered simular and scary problems with RSLogix 500 V4.1. I accidently uploaded a file with an activ rung edit (test edits). Did
some program changes in other parts of the program and downloaded it back to the processor. The result was pretty scary, the processor calculated completly unpredictable results.

I fixed the problem by going offline deleting the active rung edit and download the program again and everything went back to normal.

Fortunately this did not happen while the plant was shut down and not during normal plant operation.

Cheers Rolf

RG Electrical Engineering & Consulting
2 Little Street, Fannie Bay NT 0820
PO Box 37601, Winnellie NT 0821
Australia
Tel: ++61 (0)889 413 945
Fax: ++61 (0)889 419 280
Mobile: 0417 837 933

Allen Bradley System Integrator
Rockwell Strategic Software Provider

What version are you using? I think that the Spanish versions are brought out after the English but I'm not sure if they bring extra bugs too. I remember that version 4.00.00 had some problems with very slow on-line editing, which were pretty much fixed in 4.10.00. However rung comments were shifted around during on-line editing. I am now using v4.10.01 which is a candidate release version off the website. I am giving it a fairly good thrashing and it seems OK - I would certainly recommend it over 4.00.00 and 4.10.00.