Problems with RSLINX Professional V 2.41

A

Anonymous

Dear Friends, In one of the project i am doing communication with RSLINX professional v2.41 with wonderware Intouch 7.11 throw Fast DDE which RSLINX supports. In RSLinx i have define around 15 DDE Topics that i want to communicate with wonderware the problem where i am facing is that when i Start RSlinx with all 15 DDE topic define RSLinX and then RUN INTOUCH it gives me Program Error for RSLINX and its shutdown the RSlinx this is the problem i am facing. I could able to communicate with all the topic by starting the RSLINX and wonderware with One Topic define in RS-Linx once the communication establised ok then i give remaining all topic then it works fine.

So i need a help and suggestion/tips from all u expert people who have face this type problem and how to slove the above.

T

Trevor Ousey

RSLinx can be troublesome using DDE, try using OPCLink with RSLinx. It seems to be more stable. You will have to add the tag type prefix to the PLC address ie. iN7:21, dB3/2, mST50:11 for SLC and PLC5's, as per standard OPC format.

I agree with Mr. Ousey. OPCLink is the right way to go here. I am running Controllogix and talking to Wonderware Intouch 7.11 with mulitiple topics(although not as many as you) and I have no problems. Rslinx professional has all that you need.

B

Benoit Galarneau

It looks to me as if you have a "single node" activation license for your RSlINX, wich will allow you to see all your devices, but will serve DDE (or OPC) topic only one at a time to external client softwares. If it is the case, you'll have to upgrade to a full "professional license".

I agree with the two preceding replyers concerning the fact that you should use OPCLink prefered to DDE (critical if you are using remote DDE over TCPIP network wich will not work properly with Windows 2000)