Profibus between S300 (Siemens) and DeltaV System

• Thread starter Roberto Rios Niquen
  • Start date
R

Roberto Rios Niquen

I WANT TO KNOW HOW WE CAN READ PLC S300 (siemens) WITH DELTAV SYSTEM USING PROFIBUS DP.

Could somebody tell me what I need for to communicate them? is possible? Thanks for the assistance

D

Daniel Chartier

Hola Roberto;
Profibus-DP is a Master/slave communication bus; DeltaV advertises a Profibus-DP module on the Emerson website
( "http://www.easydeltav.com/productdata/pds/pdf/profidp.pdf":http://www.easydeltav.com/productdata/pds/pdf/profidp.pdf ). So the Siemens S7-300 must be master: use either a 315-2-DP (or any DP master
CPU of the sieries) or a CP342-5 communication module on the Siemens rack. The above-mentionned pdf file mentions a GSD file which gives the Step7 program the information needed to integrate the DeltaV Profibus module into the Profibus slave list of the S7. You must of course have an authorized version of Step7 to do the next steps.
Open the S7-Manager, start the HardwareConfig editor and use the Tools menu to read in the GSD file. You must have a blank (closed) project
window in HWConfig to be able to update the database. Once this is done, create the hardware configuration for your project. When the DP-Master has been set-up, a line symbolizing the Profibus network will appear. Since the DeltaV slave does not support communications at more than 1.5 MB, make sure that this is the speed parameter for this network (double-click on the network line).
Open the Hardware catalog, select from the Profibus slaves section, find the DeltaV slave you integrated earlier, drag and drop it to the
network line, give it a valid Profibus address and determine the parameters (number of input and output words) you need to exchange between
master and slave. Once this configuration is saved and downloaded to the S7-CPU, it expects a working slave to respond to its polling requests. So have your slave ready and connected with Profibus cable and connectors. Hope this helps. If you need any more help, reach me at [email protected]

R

Ralf Kornmann

You can not connect DeltaV and a S300 with profibus DP. The reason is that both System can only work as Profibus DP Master. The Profibus DP
Protocol can not transfer Data from Master to Master.

How many Signals do you want to exchange?
Do you need them at the controller or operator level?

Ralf Kornmann

D

david mertens

You are right on the fact that the DP communication can only work between a master and a slave, but you are wrong on the point that an S7-300 cannot be a DP slave. With a CP342-5 an S7-300 station can communicate as a DP slave on the profibus network.

Kind regards.

M
I'm not sure how to connect Delta-V to an S7-300, but I do know that the Siemens CP342-5 module provides Profibus-DP slave capability for S7-300
PLC's.

Sincerely,

Mark Wells
President
Runfactory Systems Inc.
http://www.runfactory.com
1235 Bay Street, Suite 400
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5R 3K4
Ph. 416-934-5038
Fax 416-352-5206