Profibus communication between Siemens S7-400 PLC and GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC

J

JimW

Has anybody had problems when communicating between a Siemens S7-400 PLC and a GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC using Profibus. The Siemens PLC is Master and the 90-30 uses a Horner (HE693PBS105) module as the slave. We have been led to believe that there are some difficulties in setting the parameters especially in the Siemens PLC.

Works fine, just find the right GSD file, import it into Step7 and you are done with the Siemens side. Not sure where your information came from that Siemens was hard to configure.

Thanks Joe for the reply, Siemens suggested that they could not understand %I, %R etc in the GE Fanuc and therefore could not understand the datamapping.
With regards to the GE Fanuc Horner slave module do you (or anybody !!) know if there is a limitation of 240Bytes of I/O.
If there is can the module be configured to handle more data?
In the project I am trying to develop there are 100 devices attached to a PCM module in the 90-30. Each of these modules send 8 x binary status signals(bytes) and 3 x analog signals (words)(7 bytes of info)
This info is to be passed to the S7 via the Profibus slave module.
Any help would be appreciated.
regards
JimW

W

Wierner Helmut-Schmitt

Hi Jim,
Sorry to hear youre having difficulties.

Are you English or American?, I was in England once - Liverpool, unfortunatley I was mugged really terrible. I have never been to America, it's very big. Have you ever been to Germany?.

Be a little bit carefully on how many bytes you transfer between the master and the slave, I am thinking the Ge Fanuc PLC is the slave device in your application. There seems to be some sort of limit but nobody seems to know how it is. Why don't you use the Fanuc both ends it will make the job much easier, Siemens is a very complicated PLC.

If you are ever in Erlangen, look up me.

Wierner
Erlangen
Deutchland