Profibus DP to PA Link Unit

C

Colin Bravington

Hi Everyone,
I am attempting to source a free standing Profibus DP to PA link unit that will allow the extension of a Profibus DP network into an intrinsically safe area with a PA network segment without affecting the transmission speed or
performance of the DP segment.

Can anyone help me.

Regards Colin

Colin A Bravington
UK Business Development Manager
Omron Electronics Ltd
Tel: +44 208 450 4646 Fax: +44 208 450 8087
Email: [email protected]

K

Kai Atle Myrvang

The item you ask for is known as a PROFIBUS-PA link. A link is intelligent enough to manage split speed between the -DP and the -PA segments. This is not the case with a PROFIBUS-PA coupler. One link can often also handle several segments of PROFIBUS-PA. A quick search in the PROFIBUS Electronic Product Guide (www.profibus.com) returned one item from Siemens.

Regards,

Kai Atle Myrvang

--------------------------------------------------
Kai Atle Myrvang ([email protected])
AD Elektronikk AS
P.O.Box 641, N-1401 Ski, Norway
Tel: +47 6497 6060
Direct: +47 6497 6066
Fax: +47 6497 6070
http://www.ade.no
--------------------------------------------------

R

Rob Hulsebos

Doesn't Siemens sell them? They have "couplers" and "links", one of the two forces DP to run at 45.45 Kbit/s, the other allows DP to independently run at any speed. Basically, such a module is a PA-master with a DP-slave communicating over (I guess) shared memory. The PA-master part runs its own cycle over PA, takes
outputs from the shared memory, sends it to the PA-slaves, who reply with data (inputs) which is put in the shared memory, from which it can be read by the DP-slave part. Remains: a solution for configuring the module.

Greetings,
Rob Hulsebos