Profibus network with a Siemens 315-2DP and C7.

P

Paul Pierce

HI,
I have a 315-2DP and a ET-200M configured and running fine. I have recently had to hook a C7 unit on to the same network.
My problem is: can I monitor PAW's on the C7 from the 315-2DP without putting the C7 into my Hardware Profile (I do not have access to the code for the C7 as it is from another company). Even if I do put a C7 in the Hardware profile can there be direct data exchange or will I have to use a telegram to send information back and forth. Thank you for your help.

H

Hakan Ozevin

If I understand right, you want to configure C7 as a slave (or global data exchange by MPI) in an existing Profibus network.

In this case, you have to configure the DP (or MPI) port on C7, which means that you need an access to the hardware configuration on C7.

S

Sharad Maheshwari

Dear Friend,
First your information on the C7 is not complete with respect to the model type. Any way by default the C7 system has a integrated RS 485 port supporting MPI protocol. Similarly CPU 315-2 DP also has a RS 485 port supporting MPI protocol. All that you to do without going into hardware catalog is to use the X-GET ( A simple SFC block) block. ON the MPI network you exchange 76 bytes of information. This can be directly mapped from the C7 CPU to the operator panel.

This helps to you to get information to C7 and if you want to send information from C7 then you have to use X-PUT. You need no program on the CPU 315-2 DP side. A real simple method. Referred to non-configured connection and uses one of the many available dynamic resource of each CPU.

Regards
Sharad Maheshwari
e-mail: [email protected]

G

Gabriele Corrieri

Hi Paul,

It's an hard question ... but you haven't specified if C7 and 315-DP2 are connected with MPI or Profibus:there are some ways to try to do, but I would know how you can know the exact address of PAW ... you must connect to it and download hw cfg (or search on drawing if is printed address of outputs).

I'm waiting any other info (if C7 software isn't protected by password is downloadable - but uncommented and with no symbols .
I'm not assuring any result!

Gabriele Corrieri mailto:[email protected]