Program for calculate a CRC in Modbus

S

Stefan

Hi,
I found code in C for calculating a CRC in Modbus. But I do not have C. So do you know where I can download a little program for calculating the CRC with?

Thanks for support!
Kind Regards,
Stefan

C

Curt Wuollet

Programming is learning and problem solving. Only the last step is to codify it. Almost all languages have the same math operations available. I suggest that once you understand it in C you can code it in VB or Dibol or another lost language. Programming without the work is just running other people's code. And I can't for the life of me see how it could be interesting.

Regards
cww

A

Alvaro Hernandez

the way for the crc calculation in Modbus Ascii and RTU there was in the manual of vlt micro of danfoss or altivar 31 of telemecanique.

FastCRC Library 1.50, shareware at

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Programming/Components_and_Libraries/FastCRC_Library.html

A fast, highly optimized implementation of popular checksum algorithms: CRC32, CRC16, CRC16C (CRC-CCITT). The library allows to calculate checksums for files, memory blocks, strings, blobs, streaming data. It is quick, flexible, easy to use. It supports 3 interfaces: FastCRC API (the API can be used as is, or it can be used to create wrappers for languages that can use DLL or LIB), C++ Interface (C++ wrapper classes to FastCRC API), and FastCRC Type Library (includes all declarations for accessing the functionality from programming languages that can reference a .TLB, such as VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VBA, etc). It allows static/dynamic linking. It has no external dependencies such as MFC DLLs, COM/DCOM or other component. The help file has C, C++ and Visual Basic examples showing how to add checksum calculations to Windows applications quickly and easily.

Bud