Programming Languages

J

jflynnde

We have a relatively new machine that has a B&R PLC on it and it's programmed with PG2000 software. An example of the program looks like:

LD M_PENDEL3U
AND M_STEHTSI
AND W_MTGETR
OR( E28061
EDGENEG
)
OR F[52]
S HM_1

I've had people say it's Statement List (STL) and others call it Instruction List (IL) and I'm looking for some decent documentation. Anyone have any experience with this language on a B+R PLC? If so, do you have any documentation?

Thanks.

M

Michael Griffin

Both people are correct. It is STL and IL. These are just different terms for the same thing. IL is the newer "official" term according to IEC 61131-3. The particular dialect of the STL or IL used will be manufacturer, and sometimes model dependent. You will need a B&R manual, preferably for the model of PLC in question.

C

Curt Wuollet

Looks like macro assembly to me :^)

I once endeavored to learn their system for a problem and downloaded all their documentation. I never did find a roadmap or working approach to get my head around it. Very unapproachable even for someone with programming experience in many disciplines. I would be interested in what you find out as I like their ideas (if not their pricing and obscurity). I also have an interest in APROL and find the info for that better, but having a very strange flow and tough sledding, even for a motivated techie. They could use some technical writing help.

Regards
cww

Just for Info: PG2000 is a DOS based s/w and I do agree that it is a bit difficuilt to use the s/w if u belong to the modern world...

Anyways u can find the help in the s/w itself...
And as for the language it is as u said very close to ST. The correct syntax is available in the help. You can always check their website for info.