Proworx Programming via MB+ to Ethernet Bridge

B

Brad

We just installed a Modicon 174 CEV 200 Modbus Plus to Ethernet Bridge for use in programming several Modicon PLCs at a customer's site. They are using Proworx NxT v2.2. We are able to connect and go online with several of the PLCs (Quantum 213, 984B, Compact 145) through the bridge, but have one major issue.

Whenever we try to SEARCH for an address online Proworx goes out to lunch. We end up having to reboot the machine. They are running Nxt on Windoz XP, which isn't the best setup to begin with. So I tried from my laptop which has Proworx32 v1.11 and have the same problem (except I'm able to kill Proworx32 without rebooting).

We can do all required functions (including searching) when connected via MB-MB+ bridge (BM85) although it's slow and we are then "leashed" to within 50' of the BM85.

The setup of the 174 CEV 200 is pretty simple and there are no obvious settings that would point towards this problem. We did not even need to setup any routes to make the online programming work, which is nice. However, the inability to search the program online will be a show stopper.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Brad

The MB+Ethernet-Bridge has some timing problems. A workaround: Use the Cyberlogix MBX drivers. If you use the Virtual Ethernet driver to connet the Bridge and PLC, I think you have no problems.

KW

B

Bradley Hite

Hello Brad,

I work with multiple facilities using the 174 CEV 200 bridge and NxT 2.2. I have never encountered this particular problem.

Something to check is what service release you are running of NxT 2.2. The most current service release is service release 8. If you are running NxT 2.2 without any service releases applied that may be the cause of your problem.

Bradley G. Hite
Intertech Inc
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.myplc.com
Teaching Practical Skills for a Technological World

That's an interesting suggestion. However, I'm unclear as to whether the Cyberlogix drivers should be installed on the Proworx computer or on the MB+ to Ethernet Bridge itself.

Also, have you actually tried this? The reason I ask is it looks like the Cyberlogix MB+ driver suite would be another $800, which would be a tough sell after spending well over $3k for the bridge unless we can guarantee some results.

-Brad

What OS are you running NxT on?

My customer is running the latest service release for NxT, v2.2SR8 on WXP SP2 on a Dell Lattitude M60.

Group Schneider has suggested that PW32 v1.11 has issues and should be upgraded to v2.0, but since PW32 was only used as an additional test point, I doubt they will get v2.0 just for testing.

Thanks for the replies,
-Brad

My customer is running the latest service release for NxT, v2.2SR8 on WXP SP2 on a Dell Lattitude M60.

Group Schneider has suggested that PW32 v1.11 has issues and should be upgraded to v2.0, but since PW32 was only used as an additional test point, I doubt they will get v2.0 just for testing.

Thanks for the replies,
-Brad

Thanks for the replies,
-Brad

Thanks for the replies,
-Brad

Hello,

you have mentioned here that you were able to use the 174 CEV20040 Bridge so you can connect to several PLCs.

I still maybe need a tip, how to configure the "Gateway type" when using the 174CEV200 and not the 174CEV300 ?

becouse ProWorx Nxt Ver. 2.2 shows only the 174CEV300 and others.

Thank you in advance,
regards,
Khodor