pwm signal to control motor's speed

A

Anonymous

hi...

i would like to know how to generate a pwm signal using microcontroller to control the speed of motor. i'm having difficulties in programming part on how to write a program to generate pwm signal. i hope i can seek some help here...

thanks.

Many microcontrollers have built-in PWM hardware. It is much easier to write code when the hardware PWM is available. What microcontroller are you using?

hope this helps

good luck

thanks for your reply. For your information, i am using microcontroller 16f877a,with 4MHz crystal. I used mplab to write the program. I'm quite confused of how to determine pwm period and its duty cycle. I knew that there is a formula to calculate it, just that i don't know how to use it. I mean how to determine the value of PR2 in calculating the pwm period. Do i need to consider its resolution? or simply put in a value. I hope to get some guideline or any information that i can refer to. Thanks a lot for your help!

hello you have resolved your problem with pwm control system? i need to create a similar pwm control for make a movement of a cc motor 24 volt a 80 khz max duty cicle. can you help me to create this circuit? can you send me a scheme of your system and the program realized of you?

thank you very much.

I am using a Motorola MC68HC16Z1 16-bit microcontroller to control the speed of a Brushed DC motor. Did anyone attempt it before or something similar? I also need help with the PWM part... it's quite confusing. If anyone has the any detailed report or source code which i can analyze, please email it to me at [email protected]

Thanks!