Quick execution of sequence

I

ivan.lorencin

Hi list!

I am looking for a PLC able to execute sequence in less than 200ms.
Sequence have to start with change of digital input (OFF => ON), execute program and output command.

number of digital inputs = 10,
number of digital outputs = 10
number of analog inputs = 1,

Suggestions for solutions are welcome. Also with other hardware equipment. Prefer known manufacturer like MODICON, SIEMENS, AB, ..., but
it is not so important.
Thanks

Ivan Lorencin
KORONA d.d.
Slovenia

S
hi,
I have an answer for this question. For PLC 200ms is not a big thing.I had worked on Honeywell PLC which is having 2.5ms scan time & also it depends upon your program length.
So you can check with Honeywell IPC-LCS 620-35
PLC.If you have any furher clarification pls. let me know.My email ID is
[email protected]
For sequence program Honeywell PLC is very good as myself I had done more complex logic. Even for sequence program you can contact me.
Thanks.
Regards,
Sachin

> Hi list!

>

> I am looking for a PLC able to execute sequence in less than 200ms.

> Sequence have to start with change of digital input (OFF => ON), execute program and output command.

>

> number of digital inputs = 10,

> number of digital outputs = 10

> number of analog inputs = 1,

>

> Suggestions for solutions are welcome. Also with other hardware equipment. Prefer known manufacturer like MODICON, SIEMENS, AB, ..., but

> it is not so important.

M

Michael Griffin

Just about any small PLC should be more than fast enough. Your decision may partly depend upon what the local distribution in your area is
like. I'm not sure if you can get a micro-PLC with the type of on-board analogue input you need, but if you can that would be a consideration.
Since you are not fixed on what particular brand you want, I would also suggest that you consider the cost of programming software and the programming adaptor. There is no point in saving a bit of money on the PLC
hardware if the software costs a fortune.

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada
[email protected]

J
Program execution time is based on number of instructions. I cannot imagine that what you want to do should be that difficult. Most of
my programs run in the 5 - 10 msec range for a full rack of digital and analog I/O, and a few hundred rungs of logic.

Therefore I guess I would say if you only need a 200Millisecond response, you can use pretty much anything. 200 msec (about 1/5 of a second) is actually pretty slow.

Joe Jansen

A

A-Rahman Ali

hi ivan

your application are so small (21 I/O)
you can use the ABB product AC31 07 kr 50 with one analogue input extension unit which have 12 bits resolution for every analogue input channel and about 10 ms execution cycle so 200 ms will be very long .
best regards

ABDEL-RAHMAN ALI

Most Micro PLCs today should be able to handle your requirements in UNDER 1ms. Also, many micros today have high-speed inputs. Thus you can
use an Analog to Frequency converter on one of these high-speed inputs for your single analog input requirement.

Calex offers the analog modules you will need:
http://www.calex.com/iomods.html

And yes we do offer a Micro PLC that fits the need.

http://www.mind.ne.jp/melsec-f/english/lineup/plc/index_e.htm#FX1S

Good Luck!

Dale Ross
Mitsubishi Electric Automation

Dialup BBS +1.704.588.2669
http://HarborWebs.com:8080/ telnet://HarborWebs.com

"These are my opinions and not necessarily those of Mitsubishi Electric
Automation"

S
AB's 1200 0r 1500 series of Micrologix controllers will allow you the needed I/O you specified and will execute it all in your time constraints.

Sid

V

Vladimir E. Zyubin

Hello List,

Just a remark:
To achieve a 200 ms response you need a 100 ms "PLC loop"...

BTW, my old pals told me about fantastic accident... They have achieved a 500 ms "PLC loop" with the following conditions:
32 I/Os, ISaGRAF... :cool:

Yes, I don't known what was the algorithm, as much as I can say their faces express astonishment...

Best wishes,
Vladimir

K

Kerry T. Pokorny

Check out Siemens S7-200 products. Very reasonable pricing and very fast. Analog is achieved with expansion modules.

Good Luck