Radar Level Transmitter in Fiber Board Factory

H

helen

In fiber board factory, there are two options for material level measure. finger type level transmitter and radar level.I s there anybody who has experience in similar project? Which kind if more suitable for fiber board factory? and why?

measuring height is 3 feet, output 4-20 MADC, Supply 24 VDC.

Thank you

In my experience there are very few applications that cannot be measured with a radar so definitely my suggestion is to go with radar if you have a choice. I don't know what you application looks like but as standard frequency modulating or reflex radars are suitable for any open and most close tank level measurements. You might have to move to the Guide Wave Radar for more complex applications or for interface measurements but try and stay with the reflex radars since they are the easiest to setup and nothing have any influence on their accuracy mainly because they work at the seed of light and are really distance meters that will only measure the distance to your product with a radar pulse and convert that to a direct level output since one of the parameter you set during setup is to tell it how big your tank is so a simple calculation of total tank height minus distance measured equals level. Simple but very accurate and reliable these reflex distance meters. If you application is more complex than what I am assuming send us some more details of what you are facing and we will try and help you find something suitable for your application.

Instrumentation manufacturers use two different types of non-contacting radar technology.

Pulse radar tends to react more quickly than FMCW (frequency modulated continuous wave) radar to sudden changes in distance/level.

That's important to take into account in how the level changes and whether the radar will track those changes quickly enough for your control system to do what needs to be done.

Caveat Emptor