Real time data and ABB`s Procontrol P14

S

Suyoung, Cho

I want to bring real time data to my Windows 2000 server from ABB's DCS Procontrol P14. By the way, XTC Server that support outsider site real time data to present ABB's DCS can not use XTC Protocol. Want to hear your experience whether I can bring real time data by some method. Method should inform all software and hardware enemy. For reference, my Windows 2000 server uses Intellution iFIX.

We want to approach taking advantage of outsider site pace method that offer in ABB's Procontrol P14 DCS, and develop IO driver or socket programming. Thank you for informing us of specific method.

Regards,
Suyoung, Cho

S

Suyoung, Cho

I want to argue about little more specific item.

It interfaces ABB company's PROCONTROL P14, DCS's POS30 Server and WIndows 2000 Servers, read real time Process Data that rise by POS30 Server that I want to bring to Windows 2000 environment.

First, to speak about environment, ABB PROCONTROL P14 DCSs are total 4 good seasons to power plant and each DCSs are two PROCONTROL P-BUS lines, there is 87TS50 module in each P-BUSrain, and 87TS50 module (Ethernet) and POS30 Server have been linked by Ethernet (BNC). POS30 supports 2 network adapters (POS-LAN and coupling via 87TS50). POS30 is Digital UNIX environment to AlphaStation. There is a POS30 / usr/opt/abblicense file, and additionally, there is a directory of PBSDISK/PRIMOS etc.

ABB company says that there can be data in alien system through XTC Data Interface, then XTC Server software should be installed and must buy XTC license to present POS30 Server.

When I install POS30 software using manual, POS30-XTC software automatically together installs XTC License code file name / usr/opt/relationship directory abb______rago is created. I do not know what else is necessary if do XTC Data Interface in POS30 now.

Anyway, I want to bring value of analog tag by real time in POS30 Server of 8 gun, real time data wants to be, and know whether offer API so that may can read the real time data from outside to where in POS30 Server.

For example, a person who have experience to do that PRIMO·S database Interface or CPS (Common PROCONTROL P Data Server) Interface degree Data Interface is possible informs the access method it desires.

I want to create socket program or make I/O and bring Data by real time using UDP protocole using API that offer external interface. Please inform if POS30 Server to where real time data be, and this real time data if there is API that do SCAN. Many people want to use a good method for this.

P.S., ABB company does that each tags of 1 good season and 2,3,4hogi's each tags can not bring because address is same if use XTC Protocol. Persuade to use by Gateway adding more POS30 4 separately, cost so much.

Regards,
Suyoung, Cho