Realtime performance of database in power plant

Z

Zheng YiBing

I am very interested in the topic about realtime performance of database. I am working on the Management Information System of power plant, there I am keeping to try to put about 10000 data points into a relational database - SQL Server or
Oracle at a high rate, but I don't find any method to finish the writing of 10000 points to database in several seconds, maybe there is just real-time database has a response rate like this?

Is there anybody who know about realtime performance of database?

Thank you for any advice!

ABB Bailey Beijing,
Zheng YiBing.

Zheng, see the Wonderware's "Industrial SQL Server" at www.wonderware.com. The ISQL is a driver for Microsoft SQL Server, and have real-time performance. I saw a presentation of this software but I can't use it yet.
I hope that this information was useful for you, bye
Fabio Olaechea
[email protected]

Z

Zheng YiBing, ABB Bailey Beijing

I do know that the real-time database has high realtime performance for data transmission, but usually, our customer prefer relational database, which be most likely used in power plant in CHINA for MIS( Management Information System). So, I can just insert my process data into Sybase, Oracle or SQL Server by using the following SQL sentence:

" Update table
Set value=:value
where ID=:ID " ( :value and :ID are
variants)

I can just update one value once an implementation. I wonder if there is any good way to implement a big quantity of data transmission, maybe our customer must bear the slow ability if they insist on relational database, do you think
so?

Thank you in advance,

ABB Bailey Beijing,
Zheng YiBing.

R

Rick L. Hudson EMCO Inc.

Sir,

We're using VMIC's IOWorks package with SQL Server to enter 1 million data points per day into a SQL Server Database with good results. We use a series of PC's located across the plant floor to collect data from 1200 production
machines. The data is then stored in SQL desktop packages in each plantfloor PC (this provides a level of redundancy in the event of either a network or server problem).

Thank you,

Rick Hudson

M

Michael Griffin

At 08:06 18/02/00 EST, "Rick L. Hudson EMCO Inc." wrote:
<clip>
>We're using VMIC's IOWorks package with SQL Server to enter 1 million data
>points per day into a SQL Server Database with good results. We use a series
>of PC's located across the plant floor to collect data from 1200 production machines.
<clip>

This question isn't exactly along the lines of the original posting, but what sort of data do you collect, and what do you do with it after it is in the database? To be more specific, what is done with this data to make it meaningfull and usefull?

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada
[email protected]

G

Girish Patel

Dear sir, I am also interested in realtime performance of the database and luckily I have seen your guidelines regarding this. Can u guide more regarding this?? Contech Software India, Girish

G

Girish Patel

Help !! I am also interested in RealTime Database performance. Application having very fast data logging and very recent data access also. But SQL not responding at good speed enough

G

Girish Patel

Hello Sir, Have you got any solution for Bulk Data Transfer to the database?? Thanks for interest, Girish Your previous suggestion was like this, " Update table > Set value=:value > where ID=:ID " ( :value and :ID are > variants) > I can just update one value once an implementation. I wonder if there is any good way to implement a big quantity of data transmission, maybe our customer must bear the slow ability if they insist on relational database, do you think

K

Kevin Altomare, CA

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but the new Plant2Business Server product from Ci Technologies sounds promising. It can transfer data to SQL and Oracle. They are the people that make Citect.
regards,
Kevin