Recommend a vendor for SCADA instruments

W

Will

Can you recommend a good vendor or vendors for the following SCADA OPC compliant instruments? A website link would be great, too

1. acid value/ pH meter
2. viscosity meter
3. speed display for motor (rpm)
4. liquid flow meter
5. ultrasonic level (depth) meter
6. valve open/shut sensor
7. cooling actuator

I'd like to recommend but unless you can give details, it isn't really possible.

I'll take a shot at the viscometer but I'd be guessing that this and the rpm for the motor are not unrelated and that maybe this is a heavy fuel oil application.

If so then there are really two choices, the Emerson ViscoMaster or the LEMIS DC52, both of which provide 2/3 4-20mA signals, and both of which provide MODBUS RTU data comms.

You can visit here for both options: www.viscoanalyser.com

SO, please give a some detail about the application.

If it isn't heavy fuel oil then you will need to give some fluid details because the range of sensor technologies is wide open. Also, it then become necessary to say if you want viscosity at process temperature or at reference temperature.

I imagine you will need some more detail on the other requirements also.
For example, flowmeters: a bunch of people will jump in and say coriolis without even thinking about it (and fairly safe because it is such a capable technology) but it depends on the fluid...if heavy fuel oil coriolis is good, also PD meters (at the usual sort of sizes) but if distillate then PD or turbine.

M

Martin Stewart

Have you tried OPCSystems.NET ? If you are in the UK then we are the vendors for this product here and you can contact us at the listed email address.

If not then you can contact OPCSystems.Net directly via the links on their website http://www.opcsystems.net/ please mention my name if you are interested.

W

Wassim Daoud

MatrikonOPC offers a wide range of OPC Servers for a lot of vendors... take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

http://is.gd/f0Y6r

Wassim Daoud
Global Solutions Architect