Redundancy AT Profibus

N

neo

The problem is to create two links to each of the IMs, one from each PLC of the H-System.

I have heard that Siemens Y-LINK Package can be used in these situations but I m not sure if it can be used on ET200Ms Distributed IO Systems. Can anyone confirm that please and soon?

Also if u have any other suggestions as a solution to these, do let me know...

thnx,
neo

D

david mertens

For the ET200M, you don't need a Y-link, it is possible to directly connect the ET200 with 2 S7 H CPU's (redundant profibus network) when the ET200M is equipped with redundant IM153-2 modules.

A Y link is designed to connect non-redundant profibus slaves on a redundant profibus network, e.g. simocode, masterdrive or ET200M's with non redundant IM153 modules.

Do you know if the Y link can be used in the software redundancy of Siemens to connect non-redundant profibus slaves on the redundant profibus network?

Thank you.
GSZ

T

Tony De Roeck

An ET200M distributed IO device is designed to be used in an redundant system. For this you need 2 IM153-2 interfaces, one connected to each redundant Profibus network.

A distributed IO device without redundant interface possibility (single channel device) can be included in a redundant system with a Y-link module. So you can include standard Profibus DP slaves to a H system.

Regards,
Tony
Promatic Belgium.