redundant modbus serial communication with DCS is failing

A

atef

Hi,

Please know that we are here for MK V HMI upgrade:
Windows XP version 2002 SP3
Cimplicity 6.10 SP 6
TCI V03.05.12C

In this site, we have two units T1 & T2 and are configured in multi-unit configuration, we have established every things and every things were perfect, but now we are facing communication failure happens between HMI and DCS.

We are communicating with DCS through (COM3, COM4) redundant modbus serial communication. And I think that the problem is in the redundancy issue because:

If we connect only in one port any COM 3 or COM4 so we don’t have any problem of communication to DCS, and yesterday we were connecting only in one port and we didn’t get any error even if we still for a long time but when we have connected the second cable (both COM3 & COM4) in the first time, the communication was perfect without any error but after 4 fours the communication fails! Because we got one ERROR (Modbus Slave Subsystem) and we still getting this error every time we connect both! And this problem is for both unit1 and Unit 2

Unit T2 is already running and it still connected to DCS via one port for three days with no problem of communication.

Unit T1 is on standby and we are trouble shooting on this unit for the communication problem.

-This dual communication was working properly before the upgrade, and please know that I changed the IO_port.dat and config.dat and I put them as the old ones (the old HMI) but this does not solve the problem).

-The communication rate was 19200, we have changed it to 9600 in both sides our HMI & DCS (this morning, just trying to see if this will solve the problem), but unfortunately the problem happened again just a few minutes ago!

-We have checked also the modbus protocols selected in the cimplicity project (as you can see in the attached site file), the cimplicity is communicating with BN over serial modbus so the MODBUS_RTU protocol is selected, and the MODBUS RTU Slave is disabled, and the TCI Modbus is enabled because BN send data to DCS through Cimplicity.

Please correct me if I am not understanding & doing wrong !

Since yesterday I have the same problem in our site.

Is it maybe possible to solve this issue with a newer service pack?

A

Amir_Automation

Hi,

Try with the Active/Standby Master modbus.
Only one Master is active at the same same, the request data is send just by one line, not on both.

G.L