Replacing 3/3 way Hand Lever Valve with 4/3 way Hand Lever Valve

Hello

Need your suggestion :

I will replace 3/3 way center closed hand lever valve , I found that this valve difficult to find in market.

I will modify the 4/3 center closed hand lever valve by closing the output port no.2 so that the only output port is port no.4
Is my method allowed so that my 4/3 way center closed hand lever valve becomes 3/3 way center closed hand lever valve?

please help with the explanation

thank you

I will try to simplify, you give a person 3 selections that do 3 different things. Then you give them 4 selections that do 3 different things. The 4th selection does nothing.

They will always select the 4th selection and wonder why nothing works. Sort of like a left lane closed sign on the interstate, people ignore it until the find out the left lane is closed and cannot proceed.

i.e. hand lever valve traffic jam

Have fun !!!!!

I am sorry for using the interstate/highway option. I forget that this forum is world wide.

Never the less, give people a option that performs no function they will find it. put a sign on it NOT FUNCTION they will ignore it. Block that option with lock out screws they will remove them. Just how people are.

I have no idea why I am so enticed with this post.

I recently purchased a new rider mower to mow my yard. Big red Safety stickers everywhere.
If you try to back up while the mower blades are engaged. Motor Stops
If you try to stand up while the mower blades are engaged. Motor Stops

All of these protections are to ensure that one cannot dismount the mower and stick one's hand into the mower blades while they are moving.

4 options and only 3 paths.

I will quit now.

please talking more technically

Your post gives me NO information on what your are trying to achieve. You merely ask can I use a different valve to achieve a different process control.

NO drawings, NO description of what you wish to achieve. NO NOTHING!!!

I will quit now.

Although I had fun with the safety stuff for people .