Restart ICI - OSI-PI Interface

J

James

Using the "new" i90 interface, I kept getting the error of my request being valid, but returned no information. Called OSI who took control and wanted me to restart the ICI. They have only had this once before.

I fumbled with a program from the late 1990's (Talk90.exe), which ran on a 2008 server, but I did not remember what to answer to all the questions for the connection such as primary or secondary.

I finally copied the old interface from the old PI server, blysemapi, and the first thing it did was restart the ICI.

But messing around with the RDBMSI interface, the blysem went down on the 2008 server. Stopped and started the blysem interface via ICU and services. Rebooted. Unplugged the serial cable. Changed parameters. Resaved, reloaded. I could not get the dang thing to restart the ICI again.

Plugged it in to the old server, changed the host in the bat file to the new server, started ... and it rebooted the ICI. I figured I would let it stay this way over the holiday.

What in the heck do I do to restart the ICI? I have talk90, and it runs, but I have no information on what to enter besides logical ICI=1 during the questions.

Thanks, I would love to know.