Revenue Power Metering

M

Mark Riche

I am looking for some 3 phase power meters ( revenue approved ) with remote scada capabilities ... ethernet, dial in, internet etc... Something equivalent to Power Measurments PML 7300 ION Does anyone have any experience with such ??

Regards,

Mark Riche, P. Eng.
Electrical Design Engineer
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
4 Capital Drive
Hay River, Northwest Territories
X0E 1G2
ph (867) 874-5266
Fax (867) 874-5264

R

Robert Willis

Check out www.powerlogic.com for information on the PowerLogic Line of Power Meters. The CM4000 has Ethernet Connectivty with built in webbpages.

Regards
Robert Willis
Square D Company
Houston, Texas

Mark:

Do you require the same size as the ION? If so, the Crompton Integra
might be a good choice. Make sure you under-stand the meter default
configuration for the Integra, though. I know we've had to return them
because someone didn't check first, and we wound up with a configuration
that didn't really suit our applications.

We're also trying out a German metering package (the name of which I've
forgotten at the moment) which might meet your requirements. This
one's about half again the size of the ION, though.

When you say "Revenue Approved", how does this apply?
Is the utility going to tie into this for billing purposes?

At any rate, the ION and the Integra are the only two I can think of right
now in that size range. I can do some checking at work tomorrow, though.

Paul Baker

O

O'Connor, Denis

We are experimenting with a Veris Hawkeye 8000 series kWh meter and and Enflex MG 2000 Gateway to put information on the Internet. The Veris
speaks modbus and is good for submetering tenants, but I am not sure if it is "revenue grade".

The Enflex can take pulse inputs from revenue grade meters be used to put information on the web.

http://www.veris.com/
http://www.enflex.net/products/products.htm
If anyone else has comments on the Enflex gateway, I would be interested in
hearing them. The Enflex also has various energy management modules built
into it.

Denis O'Connor
Manager of Operations
Alliant Energy Integrated Services - Cogenex
Boott Mills South, 100 Foot of John Street
Lowell, MA 01852

tel 978.441.0090 ext 240
fax 978.441.4626
E-mail: [email protected]

Notice that you appear to be in Canada and specified Revenue approved - i would recommned the Siemens Maxsys 2510 meter (MC approved). If I can be on any additional assistance, we provide ethernet capability for this meter as well as software to download data and perform scada type functions (www.starkna.com).

Ray Sipe
Stark North America
704-953-2315

D
Mark,

I represent the Siemens Metering Division for Western Canada, We have meters that meet or exceed the functions of this meter.

Please contact me at your convenience.
(604) 929-7155 Voice
(604) 929-3422 Fax

Don't you mean MG200? I have been developing for the MG200 and MG400 for the past ~6months and I have found the MG series to have some heat sensitivity issues. In temperatures around 30 to 40degC the ethernet interface will sometimes hang and a hard reset is required to restore functionality. A common install mistake is to mount the MG directy onto a mounting surface with via the four holes provided on the device housing. All this does is amplify the temperature problems as the back of the device is then flush with the mounting surface. Spacing the MG from panel/wall/etc with a few washers is highly recommended.

Slightly off topic: The programatic RS485 interface is non-standard, custom IOCTL calls are required to access those ports, I can post them if anyone asks.

If anyone has had good experiences with any other comparable linux boxes please let me know.

Thanks.

J

John McAhren

Mark,

The Siemens MAXsys 2510 meter will communicate to a SCADA system via DNP3 level 2&3, or other various industry standard protocols such as Modbus. We also have an ethernet device that will interface with the meter. This device gives the meter a static IP address, so that you can communicate over a network or the internet.

There are many other features such as multi-level TLC, instrument transformer correction, power quality, DC auxiliary power, and much more. I will be happy to send you some information if you wish.

Thanks,

John P. McAhren
Siemens PT&D, Meter division
(765) 429-1431
Cell (765) 430-0560

A

Anderson Silveira

Hello

I would like to receive detailed information
about the MaxSys 2510 meter, and also would like to know if it has a local man-machine interface and the funcions presente in this interface.

Thank you

Anderson Silveira
Electrical Engineer

B

Burhman Gates

> We also have an ethernet device that will interface with the meter. This device gives the meter a static IP address, so that you can communicate over a network or the internet.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John P. McAhren
> Siemens PT&D, Meter division
> (765) 429-1431
> Cell (765) 430-0560

I would like info on the ethernet device mentioned
above.

Thanks.