M
What do you want to know?

Do you need to know motor sizing?
Control concepts?
Soft starter sizing?
Do you have one which is broke?
Do you want to spin your resturant?
Gearing?

Your best bet is to contact a professional engineering firm which as designed and installed these types of systems.

Primaraly you will have a MCC or MCP which has suitable start / stop (auto and hand) controls and probably a soft starter, possibly a VFD, but I can't think of way, since you are probably rotating at a given speed all of the time. Most likely you are either talking about multiply motors or high voltage (4160 vac) motors to keep the cable sizes down and the motor size down. at 480 vac, you could be talking about 500HP motors or larger, the MCCs would fill a basement easily at that voltage. Control voltage of course could be lower. (120 or 240 vac.)

matt

Actually I have seen the motors that spin these restaurants and they are suprisingly small...
The one I saw was probably no bigger than a 25 horsepower motor.

The thing is the restaurant base has to sit on very high quality bearings that cut down on friction so not much power is needed...

M
Problem solved,
I would use a straight forward soft starter and use a start / stop switch or button configuration, nothing special, since it is asmall motor, the sof starter can provide you some ramp up time so you don't attempt to bring the whole place up to fully speed right away.

Matt

D

demag cranes & components

DEMAG Cranes & Components Inc. has a product program for "architecture in motion". They have experience in drive solutions for retractable roofs (e.g. stadiums and arenas) and revolving structures like restaurants!

Contact Mr. Lindemaier: [email protected] . He will help you. The company has over 100 subsidiaries and branch offices over the world.