Right Click in Wonderware

S

Seb

I saw an application where the operator could right click on an object. The application was setup to display specific info (interlocks)
when the operator would do a right click with the mouse. Is there a way to capture the right button on the mouse? I'm also planning on
using it to acknowledge alarms.

I hope there is a way, as it would prove very useful, but... I e-mailed WW tech support about this very issue months ago and they said it
wasn't possible. If you find a way, please let me know.

A

Anthony Kerstens

Not with the WW I have. Perhaps that application had the mouse right click reassigned through the mouse driver to a function key. Perhaps it has a key script tied to that function key that looks the "umousex" and "umousey" tags to figure which button is being right-clicked.

In my Microsoft Intellipoint configuration, a mouse button can be set for function keys, "back", "forward", "explore my computer", "alt", "ctrl", "cut", "copy", "delete", "close", etc.

Anthony Kerstens P.Eng.

S
I looked into it a bit more. My Wonderware supplier said that they never seen this. But apparently, if an ActiveX object is designed to
"see" a right click then we could add it under any other object to make it work. I looked at the Microsoft Form Button ActiveX component
but they don't support right click. (Others I downloaded from the Net keep crashing my machine)

I did map the right click to F1 once. The mouse driver supported it. Then in Wonderware I did a F1 script but it was only working the first
time you clicked and once in while after. The mouse drive that we are using now does not support assigning a key to the mouse button.

J
From an old Wonderware Tech Forum Question:

Problem: Can I use the right mouse button in runtime to trigger something?

Solution: No. This is a feature that many have asked for, and has been sent to WW Marketing.
You could use functions from the KBCD such as WWContext, to trigger events based on mouse movements.
Such events could trigger a pop-up window, or cause an object to be displayed.