Rockwell Software crash with Siemens SW in the same PC ?

J

Javier Garcia

However, when I run RSLINX and I configure the DF1 driver (rs232) immediatly detect successfull configuration. But when I open RSLOGIC500 (Runing RSLINx), I can't see anything in RSWHO . I only see my workstation computer, and thats all. I called to Rockwell Hotline, and we try together but was the same. I reinstalled the sw but happens the same. Iam thinking that perhaps the problem is because I have S7 and WINCC in the same Laptop, and automatically in the startup WINCC start an utility Server, and RSLINX try to do the same but using his own software. Please If you have Idea contact me.

J

Joe Jansen/ENGR/HQ/KEMET/US

What OS is on the laptop? If it is windows NT, that could explain your problem. If anything else tries to use the serial port, RSLinx is very difficult to get to talk. --Joe Jansen

R

Ronald H. Nijssen

I have had a problem with Rockwell RSLogix5000 modifying the PATH in Windows NT and due to that Siemens Step7 not being able to start anymore. Uninstalling the RSLogix5000 product did not solve this, a manual intervention of the PATH or re-install of Siemens software was required to make it work again. Ronald

J

Javier Garcia

The problem was solved together with the Rockwell hotline, aparently S7 was using before the file atl.dll and we had to rename it, and we installed again Linx, in this way now is working. There is a file install.log in the Linx directory where are indicated all the error while the instalation is in process. The only problem is that in the s7 when we try to communicate with a PLC (MPI) the computer crash totally. I reinstalled again the S7 but nothing happens. In other words RSlogix crashed the S7 Software. Javier Garcia. Harper International.