Rosemount 375 HART Communicator

H

H2OBoy

Does anyone know what the Rosemount 375 sells for? Anybody have one? Do you like it? Is it worth it? I want to get an (independant) idea before I call my Rep.

We have been spec'ing HART on instruments and in addition to Rosemount we now have Sparling, McCrometer & others. I am tired of sending my 275's in for updates and/or having a 275 that will talk to this device but not that one. The idea of having downloadable updates is cool, but I noticed McCrometer isn't on the available download list.

How do you communicate with your non-Rosemount HART devices. Input is greatly appreciated--thanks in advance.

J
It does not use the standard DD/CF files for FF. 375 requires manufacturers to develop another set of modified DD/CF files especially for it :eek:(. Few have done this so far, that is why many devices are not on the list. I don't
know why they did it this way.

Perhaps if enough users make noise they will change to use standard files. This would ensure that every device created automatically becomes compatible, immediately. This would give freedom of choice and make it possible to enjoy the latest and the greatest version at once. I.e. less interoperability surprises.

Jonas Berge
SMAR
===========
[email protected]
www.smar.com
Learn fieldbus at your own pace: www.isa.org/fieldbuses

F

fergenheimer

We bought a 375 for $3800 (?). I think you can turn in your 275 for 20% discount. The 275 isn't much cheaper than a 375. I personally love it. We are predominatley emerson products and have had no problems with them.

I just had a rep. in today showing me a field calibrator by meriam process technologies. It looks pretty good. Menus, pages come up fast. It will download devices from the internet also. Still about $3,000 with trade in of 268 or 275. Info at http://www.meriam.com. still debating between it and 375.

Hi,

I too am in process spec-ing a HART communicator, down to the Druck DP802, the 375, and now, the one you mention from Meriam.

Didjer decide? Which one did ya buy?

Thanks,

Todd_L