RS 232 connectivity for Yokogawa recorder

M

M R K S SASTRY

I have a YOKOGAWA recorder (model no. HR 2400) with inbuilt RS 232 output port. I want to connect it to the PC for online data viewing. I am unable to find out any information regarding the recorder in the website of YOKOGAWA. Please help me.

There are multiple ways to go about this, but the way I approached it was to use the Iconics Yokogawa OPC server. I set up a Lantronix box with one side connected to the serial port on the chart recorder (using a Null modem cable) and the other side is the Ethernet connected to my pc over the local lan. I recommend taking that approach if it feasible for you. Good luck!

P

Pete Dibello

Mark

I am Pete Dibello with Yokogawa. Call 1-800-888-6400 Ext.5299 for Recorder Service.

Pete

M

M R K S SASTRY

Thanks alot for the reply.

Sir, can you send me the details of how you communicated with the YOKOGAWA recorder???

This is very interesting.... so i want to try it out myself.... please do help me.

Thanks in advance

best regards

sastry

M

M R K S SASTRY

Hai Pete,

Best Regards. Can you give me any information on how to connect the recorder (HR 2400) to a PC... i do not want any LAN connectivity. I would have a stand alone PC for this purpose.

sastry

M

M R K S SASTRY

Mr pete,
Good Morning. Please clarify the following queries.

1. I am using a software called "windmill" for data aquisition from HR 2400 of YOKOGAWA. What type of hardware cable is required for this purpose??? please let me know the configuration of the cable to be used. I shall prepare the cable myself.

2. Also provide me with your email information so that i can correspond with you through mails.

Best regards
SASTRY