RS Logix 500 Error

J

Jerry F

I'm using Windows 2000 Pro and RSLogix 5.0. Sometimes when I open an existing file and select "Go Online", I get the error message. The online path is set correctly and RS Linx sees the correct node. Someone said it may have something to do with online file and offline file mis-match. Anybody seen this or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

M

Michael E. Crossman

Under the Controller folder select Controller Properties, then select the Controller Communications tab, press the "Who Active" button then select your controller node and press OK. This will set your controller path.

Best regards,

Michael E. Crossman
PLCs Plus International, Inc.
http://www.bkppi.com

S

ScienceOfficer

Jerry---

How can we help you if you don't tell us what error message you are getting?

Hope this helps!

Larry Lawver Rexel / Central Florida

Sorry, I posted the error message in the summary. I am getting a Windows error message that says "RS Logix 500 has generated an error and will automatically shutdown"

S

ScienceOfficer

Jerry---

There is nothing in the manuals or KnowledgeBase that I can find on this, but I'm inclined to think that it's a problem in your RSLinx installation. You really need to get Rockwell's Tech Response Center involved. Cal them
at 440-646-5800.

Hope this helps!

Larry Lawver
Rexel / Central Florida

M

McConnell, David P

I recently had this problem (same message) as a result of attempting to cut and paste a symbol name to a new location. The program is ok but the symbol database is not. Solution was to upload the bare program from the plc and save it under a new name. I then exported the databases from my "defective" program and imported them into the uploaded copy. No further problems.

Dave McConnell
Rocketdyne Propulsion & Power