RS Logix-Rs500 via PCMCIA /RS 232 interface on Windows XP

E

ebberdeen

I was wondering if any one has had any succes running RS500 on a PC with Windows XP while using a PCMCIA/RS 232 card.

Affirmative. I have installed RSLOGIX500 on Dell notebook (Inspiron) with WIN XP Professional and using serial port. Works fine.

E

Eddie Willers

I can run the DF1 driver on USB or PCMCIA expansion cards that add COM ports to my Windows 2000 or XP computers.

But the "1747-PIC" driver only works on built-in COM ports. If you need that driver and don't have a native COM port on your PC, you need a 1784-PCMK card and 1784-PCM4 cable.

A-B is coming out with a USB version of the 1747-PIC module this spring, but I have not seen an availability date for it.

As a matter of fact Im using rslogix 500 with windows xp, but I tried to install version 5.0 and I couldnt, but for my surprise I intalled my older version 4.10.01 and it worked good on the computer and Im using the pcmk card, I think I download the latest drivers from www.ab.com
Hope this works for you.

I am also using a Dell Inspiron but are you using the PCMCIA card/RS232. The Inspiron I have does not have a RS232 serial port.

I am also looking at the posibility of using USB/RS232 convertor but have heard that this is causing probs on an XP system.