RSLinx to Wonderware issues?

D

Dan Miller

Are there any issues using RSLinx to communicate to Wonderware with DDE? I need to run Wonderware and Logix 5 on the same PC. The network is DH+ and there is a KTX card in the PC. The Wonderware KTX driver and RSLinx are incompatible. And DDE should work regardless. Does anyone know of any issues that might keep this from working?

L

LUIS CARDONA

May be you need use only one of this the KTX driver, if you use the two drivers at the same time in the same PC, you have a conflict with the settings of the card, because the RSLinx have an automatic rellocate settings. I had the same problem with KT card.

A

Anthony de la Rosa

If you are using OEM RSLinx thn why not just use RSLinx instead of the Wonderware KTX driver? I would be a bit wary trying to run both Logix and Intouch out of the same machine though considering you're on a DH+ network. You may just find Logix dropping out from time to time specially if you leave it on all the time. anthony

S

Sam Robinson

I'm was using Wonderware's Intouch 7.0 on a WinNT PC along with RSLinxLITE. It had a 1784-KTX card in it configured for DH+. It's using Wonderware's KTX driver and the system works very well. The DH+ went through a 1785-KA5P module and was bridged to DH-485 and then hooked to several SLC 5/03's. I had some problems with the KA5P module so I reconfigured the KTX card for DH-485, eliminated the KA5P module and loaded RSLinx Professional on the PC. My Intouch application now uses its KTX driver and the KTX card configured for DH-485 to communicate to the 5/03's. Sam Robinson [email protected] Industry Products Co. 500 Statler Rd. Piqua, Oh 45356 937-778-0585

T

Trevor Ousey

You will need to have RSLinx Pro, and it works fine for DDE/OPC direct, or if you have RSLinx OEM us Wonderware's IO Server WWRSLinx with RSLinx OEM. I have no problems with either with RSLogix, and with one system I had both RSlogix 5 and 500 with Intouch going at the same time. Note that RSLinx Lite, which is what RSLogix comes with, will not work with Intouch. Cheers, Trevor Ousey [email protected]