RSLinx VB Remote OPC

J

Jennifer Haubold

I found the article at http://www.control.com/1026147153/index_html very useful and am trying to basically do what is listed in there.

Issue:
A 'Class is not licensed' exception generated on the 'Connect' call in the call below:

dim AnOPCServer As OPCServer

AnOPCServer = New OPCServer

AnOPCServer.Connect("RSLinx Remote OPC Server", "10.0.0.90")

If I do a local connect on the 10.0.0.90 server box (OPCServer.Connect("RSLinx OPC Server"), no error is created. This is when the RSLinx software is activated on the server.

However, whether I have activated RSLinx on the client or just have Lite installed, I receive the above error saying the class is not licensed.

I can ping the server machine from my client machine, but am unable to browse or connect to it in the OPC test client.

Please help!

Jennifer Haubold
Application Developer
Golden Technologies
[email protected]
(219) 462-7200 ext. 228

Jennifer;

I had a similar problem at a mill in Alabama. On contacting Rockwell, they indicated that I would need their "Gateway" version of RSLinx to connect across a network. The trial version works only on the local machine.

You can either upgrade to the supported product, move the server to the local machine, or do a work-around.

The work-around goes something like this: Have the server on the network machine update a spreadsheet or database locally resident. Then link that spreadsheet to a local copy, and read your data from that.

I have been wrong before, but I think this may be what you are up against.

C
From the error take placed in your project, you must config your DCOM configuration!

In district communication, Microsoft described
if you want to communicate with process in remote
computer you should have administrator level that
registered in the accessed computer, so please config the access level for the client computer and server computer!

For example:
start->run->dcomcnfg->opcserver.

The details you could send in email to freecontrol @ 126. com.
ADD:from china

You must load the remote server with Gateway and load the local client with Gateway as well. The remote load requires an activation license. Loading the local client does not require a license as the lite version is loaded. This only serves to register the remote server on the local machine. You must still configure DCOM on both machines.