RSLogix 500 diskette version

J

Jim Smith

I am trying to find the diskette version of RSLogix 500 (9324-RL0300END) or RSLogix 5 (9324-RL5300END), but Rockwell Software says only the CD
version is currently available. Does anyone know any sources for the diskettes? Thanks for any assistance.
Jim

S

Sam Robinson

We have RSLogix500 ver 3.01.09.02 and the CD has a program on it to generate a set of floppy disks from the CD.

73's

Sam Robinson

M
Why not transfer the files from your CD to floppies? Another method to install RSLogix might be to use a computer with a CD drive and network the CD to the no-CD equipped machine. That is how I installed it on an older notebook (used the MS 'direct cable' connection networking and the
parallel ports.)

Anyway ... basic answer to your question:

The only legal place to get the software is from Rockwell/Allen Bradley.

Mark

R

R A Peterson

You can make the disketes if you want to. the CDROM has subdirectories labeled disk 1, disk 2, etc. you can just copy them to floppies. The real
question is why would you want to do such a thing?

H

Hullsiek, William

> Why not transfer the files from your CD to floppies? Another method to
> install RSLogix might be to use a computer with a CD drive and network
> the CD to the no-CD equipped machine. That is how I installed it on an
> older notebook (used the MS 'direct cable' connection networking and the
> parallel ports.)

Another alternative is to get a PCMCIA SCSI-card for DOS or use a Parallel-port to SCSI adapter. You can pickup an external SCSI-based CD-ROM reader from Louie the Liquidator at www.hitechcafe.com for under $50.

William F. Hullsiek
Software Engineer

Thanks to everyone for their advice, and esp to John Morris for confirming that the diskette version is still available and giving the
latest version #.

I ended up bypassing my "No more diskette version you MUST buy the CD" rep and called Rockwell Software directly. Very helpful people -- the
diskette version is on its way, along with a nice discount because I am upgrading from my current AI software. Wonder why my rep never mentioned
that -- but all's well that ends well. Thanks again.
Jim