RSlogix 5000 Version 19, Opening a Version 20 File

F

Forat

I have RSLogix 5000 Version 19, and I have a file created with RSLogix 5000 Version 20.

When I try to open this file with RSLogix 5000 Version 19, I get an error message saying I can't open the Version 20 file with RSLogix 5000 Version 19.

Is there a way for me to open the Version 20 file with RSLogix 5000 Version 19?

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Regards,
Forat

Not directly. You can ask someone with both versions to modify your v20 file to v19, which may or may not work depending on your hardware. That would allow you to open it on your PC.

You won't be able to go online unless you also convert the PLC. Which I would not recommend. In fact, I would probably go the other way and move off of v20 by upgrading it, since there are 2 minor revisions of v20 that are NOT compatible. Unlike every other major revision of RSL5k, projects created in the earlier v20 cannot be used in the newer v20. If the PLC is at the earlier minor rev of v20 and your PC is at the newer, you won't be able to go online. And the two minor revisions cannot coexist on your PC. (Ask me how I found out about this <grrr>...)

Contact your local AB distributor to find out what you need to do to get the correct version of RSL5k for your machine. They may be able to get you the install files without a lot of expense or trouble, since you already have a license. And also find out which newer versions of the software will work best for your situation.

G

Gerald Beaudoin

Nope....you are stuck with getting a version 20 of RSLogix5000.

You can appreciate that the later version could have features not supported in the earlier versions.

Good luck