RSLogix Advice?

I have recently been clearing out my garage and came across a number of separate discs that are 'RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000 and RSLinx' and are all different versions and some are Lite etc. These discs weren't mine they were a family members and I'm just clearing the stuff out so I have no idea what to do with them or if they are worth any money if I was to sell them separately or if some of the discs need to be sold together for them to work. I'm just writing in this forum as I cannot find any information I'm looking for when Googling about them and was just hoping for some information on what's best to do with it all as I don't know anything about this. The discs are all in really good condition as well, I hope this was the write place to ask about this as I said I'm struggling to find the information I need on them elsewhere. Also there are a couple of floppy discs as well that were bundled with all of this.

Thanks in advance,
Rachel

Thank you for contacting this forum. I'm sure someone here would love to purchase what you have.
RS is software for 'Rockwell' equipment; with RS lite being a reduced version of RSlogix 5000 and the floppy discs being 'key' discs for this licenced software.
Quite what the bundle you have is worth is a tricky one, as it is obsolete. Nowadays software [even licencing] is downloaded.

Perhaps you could take a few photos of what you have if you want to sell; and give country you are in - I'm in the UK but the website owners are in the states [USA}. Let us know if you have any questions.

Yea I thought when I was searching for information that the software had moved to be downloads instead of the discs which is why I was struggling to find out anything about it all. I’m also in the UK and there’s actually 23 separate discs and 5 floppy discs, I’ll add the photos to this so you can see what there is.
Thanks very much for replying to this and giving me the information you had on it, just message if you can’t see the information on the discs clearly enough.
Rachel

Attachments

The only other snippet of information is that the 'key' was normally transfered to computer hard disk {HD} for general use, and only transfered back to floppy disc again if changing computer or finish using the software. Anyone interested may well ask whether the key is back on the floppy disc.

That may be hard to answer if you haven't a floppy disc drive....

The problem with old software is that it often only works on old versions of Windows. You can look up Rockwell Product Compatibility for the various software packages to work out what OS the software can be installed on.
The CDs are probably only any good for nostalgia or arts and crafts.

The only other snippet of information is that the 'key' was normally transferred to computer hard disk {HD} for general use, and only transferred back to floppy disc again if changing computer or finish using the software. Anyone interested may well ask whether the key is back on the floppy disc.
The software license is what's valuable, not so much the installation media. If the license is on the floppy disk AND if the disk is good AND if the buyer has access to a floppy drive AND legal ownership of the license is transferable, then it has some value. I don't know all of the ins and outs of Rockwell licensing, but I know that this kind of activation is now obsolete and won't work for newer versions of the software without migrating the license to the newer type. The migration we did 5-ish years ago didn't cost anything since we were the valid owner. Even if the license isn't on the floppy disk, or if the floppy disk has failed (definitely not unheard of), it can be migrated/reset by Rockwell for the registered owner. Ownership of license keys can be transferred to other people, though I don't know the process for that or what requirements/limitations they might place on it like OEM to end user only, or if an end user can transfer licenses to another end user.

Bottom line: a valid and transferable RSLogix license definitely has value but I'm not 100% sure that this license is legally transferable. If it isn't, there isn't a lot of value there.