RSLogix bitmap pasting

A

Anthony Kerstens

I've just discovered, quite accidentally, that in RSLogix 3.01.09.02 when you select a rung or individual logic object and hit control-c to copy, you can paste that selection as a bitmap into other windows programs. If you have screen
xrefs turned on, it includes that too. However, it seems to only work if a single rung, or single ladder object is selected.

I've been used to cutting and pasting text to/from RSLogix, but was surprised by this. Can anyone try this to see if it works in newer versions? Especially for multiple rungs or
multiple ladder objects?

Anthony Kerstens P.Eng.

H

Hutchinson, Ben [LFS]

I can confirm that this still works in RSLogix 5 v.4.00.00.64. You are still limited to one rung at a time for bitmaps or metafile pictures.
Multiple rungs only produce mnemonics (straight text).

Ben Hutchinson
Johnson & Johnson

M

Michel A. Levesque, ing.

Hi List,

Anthony Kerstens mentionned the bitmap rung pasting from RSLogix 5 to any other Windows programs.

I have RSLogix 4.00.00.64. I checked this out and you can paste bitmaps as well as enhanced metafiles of a single rung.

You can paste the unformated text of a rung and of multiple rungs into other Windows programs.

Going on step further, you can copy and paste rung(s) from RSLogix 5 or 500 or 5000 into any other RSLogix 5, 500 or 5000. Naturally you must verify the rung(s) for proper addressing afterwards. This makes migrating between SLC or PLC or ControlLogix a snap.

Michel A. Levesque eng., mcp
Directeur Bureau Montreal
AIA Inc.
[email protected]

A

Anthony Kerstens

Thanks to all who responded. I don't know where
I'll use bitmap pictures of logic, but maybe my documentation will benefit from it.

Anthony Kerstens P.Eng.

W
Anthony,

I have the exact same version you do, so I can't help you with your exact question. However, you can copy the entire active window into the edit
buffer by pressing alt-shift-PrntScrn. Perhaps you already know this, but there may be others who can benefit from this. I've used this a lot for generating documentation. You can paste the buffer into paint, crop the area you need, and then save it as a JPEG or BMP.

Regards,

Willy Smith
Numatics, Inc.
Costa Rica