Runaway Servo Motors

D

Dixit Nahar

Hello,

I am facing similar problem, and it happens all the time.

<b>Moderator's note:</b> this was originally posted to thread http://control.com/thread/1294823681. I thought it deserved its own thread.

I am using 9 servo motors. 3 servos (120 degrees apart) each on 3 frames one above another. servos on 2nd frame is again 120 degrees apart to each other and 40 degrees to servos in base frame. same with top frame. When i give signal to one of top servo, 1 or 2 of servos in middle frame starts winding or unwinding. When i send signal to drive one of servo in base frame, again one or two servos in middle frame starts getting signals.

I can assure you, there is no connection or code errors or device error. It may be some different unthought thing, may be because servos are close, may be some overlapping. It is a big problem going on.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dixit

Any answer here will be speculation unless one knows what kind of servos you have, and where the amplifiers/controllers are located; and how they are being communicated to for those start wind/unwind commands.

B

Bob Peterson

This is almost certainly a configuration or programming issue of some sort. Given how little information you have provided it is just not possible to give you any serious ideas on what is happening.

Is it possible that these axis are electronically geared together? That is a common use of such systems and is often just a check box in a configuration field somewhere.