S5-155H With CP1430 link to Teleperm-XP

R

Ronald H. Nijssen

Siah, Teleperm XP is a DCS specifically designed for the Control of Power Plants or large Continuous Processes. It consists of different components that have been based on standard Siemens S5 equipment but have been modified extensively to accomodate the abstraction and continuity requirements of the types of Processes it controls. Since Teleperm XP deploys SIMATIC NET Networking components it may accomodate other "standard" Siemens PLC to be able to communicate. However, the abstraction of Data in Teleperm XP is definitely different from the Data Block concept you find in a S5 PLC. Any connection into Teleperm XP will only be allowed with a secure mechanism at the Teleperm XP side that receives the Data, if this mechanism exists I suggest strongly to involve the persons (Siemens Personell of the Power Plant Division) responsible for Installing and Maintaining the Teleperm XP system to deploy it for your connection. I assume you can imagine what happens if the raw data send from the S5 Data Block overwrites the Data responsible for the Turbine Control.... Kind Regards Ronald Nijssen

A

Andrew Piereder

A better question is how can you program TXP to deal with with the data block. Sinec H1 is a "backplane" protocol for TXP, connecting processing units. As far as I know, TXP is only configurable to deal with outside data through the automation processors. Andy Piereder Pinnacle IDC

Ronald, Actually the problem I am currently encountering is the communication link to Teleperm-Xp, I have two CP1430 module which reside in my S5-155H subunit-A and subunit-B respectively. I got the APRED function block call and configured in my S5 program. For CP in subunit-A configured as master where CP in subunit-B as reserve, I assume during master connection failed, reserve connection will automatically take over but this not the case. I have tested by swapping the interface number of CP-A with CP-B, so CP-B become master and it will start communicate, when I look at the communication status word, it always show me reserve connection it faulty; yet I am not sure what's wrong even I followed the configuration in the APRED manual. One more problem is the transmitted DB always offset by 11 words which was used up by APRED function block. Both CPs are running on two diferent path. A s far as the engineer work on this Teleperm system told me that there is nothing much he can do on Teleperm setting. Hope you can help on this. Siah

> A better question is how can you program TXP to deal with with the data block. Sinec H1 is a "backplane" protocol for TXP, connecting processing units. As far as I know, TXP is only configurable to deal with outside data through the automation processors. Andy Piereder Pinnacle IDC I will appreciate if any one can help me out of this trouble. My concern is only on S5-155h, as far Teleperm-Xp engineer told me, they can't do much in order to get this problem resolve, is this true ?