S5-95U PROFIBUS Network configuration

S

Sami

I'm going to install a Profibus network between two identical Siemens S5-95U, i wanna know what hardware and software i need to do that.
Can i configure the Profibus card without using WinCC or is it necessary.

Where can i DOWNLOAD a demo of WinCC to use it in configuration testing.

please help.
thanks.

The only way I know to implement a master/slave S5-95U profibus network is to use 1 x S5-95U DP master PLC and one S5-95U DP Slave PLC. They are different animals and you can not do this with one type of 95U. I have done this successfully a number of years ago with 2 x 95U DP PLCs and ET200 I/0.

WinCC has nothing to do with configuring a Profibus network with 95s or any other PLC. You will require ComET200 or as it is now known - ComProfibus to configure the network parameters which must then be downloaded to each of the PLCs.

S

Shahid Waqas Chaudhry

<p>Actually, you can use a single PLC: S5-95U SLAVE. The WinCC will be acting as the DP Master. You will need to install CP5613 in the PC. You will need ComProfibus to setup the network. The configuration file will be loaded in your WinCC workstation. You will also need DP-5613 drivers for the PC.

<p>The Topology will look like below:
<pre>
[CP5613 | WinCC]
|
|
[PLC S5-95U]
</pre>
<p>For demo of WinCC, contact your local Siemens dealer or request a copy from <a href="http://www.siemens.com/wincc">www.siemens.com/wincc</a>

<p>- Shahid