S5 standard function block RLG:AE

C

Chris Corne

We use this function block as FB40, but I've seen it called as FB31. Does anyone have information available on this function block? In particular,
I'm looking for the descriptions for the parameters of the block (ie BG, P/Q, KNKT, EINZ). I believe that BG is the starting peripheral address, P/Q is the page (normal or extended memory area), KNKT is the position offset
(?) and module type (unipolar, bipolar etc..) and EINZ is the enable.

The siemens support web site references catalog ST 57, but I could not find an electronic version to download.

I appreciate your help!

Chris Corne
Melt Shop Electrical
Nucor Steel Arkansas
(870) 762-2100 ext 239

D

D. C. Pittendrigh

Hi All

Chris you have done well with 2.5 points out of 4!!!

BG - Baugruppen (module) otherwise the module address as coded on the card, the IM306 or your ET200 interface, whatever the case may be.

P/Q is the selection for the P (normal) or Q (extended) addressing range. This one is a bit more complex, let it suffice to say that it is normally P unless some special settings are made, probably on the hardware.

KNKT - Kanal nummer/Kanal Typ which means ( channel number or offset as you have described it, with the first channel being "0" ) / ( Channel type, a number which determines the application of the card i.e. 4-20, +/-20,
Unipolar bipolar etc. etc. this is important to get right and has to be looked up for your card and PLC type) I can do this for you if you don't
have the books but will need more info.

Einz - Einzel schritt or single step, the input can be updated continuously, for an input of logic zero, or single step for a logic one. Please don't ask me what single step means, its a feature I haven't used and I am doing this from memory. Can also look up if you insist but let it suffice to say it is a mechanism to force the FB to update only on demand.

>
> We use this function block as FB40, but I've seen it called as FB31. Does
> anyone have information available on this function block? In particular,
> I'm looking for the descriptions for the parameters of the block (ie BG,
> P/Q, KNKT, EINZ). I believe that BG is the starting peripheral
> address, P/Q
> is the page (normal or extended memory area), KNKT is the position offset
> (?) and module type (unipolar, bipolar etc..) and EINZ is the enable.
>

The ST70 catalog is a treasure possession of old engineers, I have kept several copies as they also were updated with the assumption that the world used only new PLC cards so if you replaced one you lost the details for all your old customers hardware. It is the correct catalog to look up the info for Software for the old PLC's. The info is also available elsewhere in the
CPU manuals, whichever way I doubt even Siemens can get copies of these for you but if you can find out where to get them in PDF format, I will swap for a bottle of very best South African red wine.

> The siemens support web site references catalog ST 57, but I
> could not find
> an electronic version to download.

Good Luck
Donald Pittendrigh

D

D. C. Pittendrigh

One afterthough on this one, in case you were wondering, the block is used for analog inputs which is denoted by the AE in the block name RLG:AE, for Analog Eingabe, and belongs to the family RLG which was presumed to be used for PID control in the early days and I think the RLG was an abbreviation for Regler or controller.

D.P.