S7-300 and MASTERDRIVE VC

A

Anonymous

I need software to communicate via profibus between MASTERDRIVE VC and S7-300 CPU 315-2DP:

- Sample program which use profibus to control MASTER DRIVES VC's speed, direction, start, stop, etc.

- Drive parameters (Simovis or other formats)

Note: I use STEP-7 V5.0 + SP3

I am not looking for a software like Windows or other copyrighted. I am not looking for a cheap software or licience. I am looking for a PLC program inside hardware unit. I trying to find software engineers that worked on my subject before. I do not want to read Siemens documents to write this software. If they have written before I wanted them to send it to me. This is not commercial subject, this is an R&D subject.

I am a bit surprised at your query. Anyway the CPU 315-2DP has inbuilt program blocks SFC14,15 to read and write data from the drive and SFC 13 for Diagnostics. You need just this and you can do all the things: START, STOP, Reference etc.....

Configuring the block in the PLC is really simple.
Just press F1 for details of the blocks.

Regards
Sharad
[email protected]

D

Donald Pittendrigh

You need to purchase the Siemens software package Drive ES, it has the examples of the interface and some standard function blocks which simplify the communications procedure.

If you expect that other Siemens users will simply send you copies of their software for free, and then are further arrogant enough to call this R&D, then I think you will find rather little useful support here. This topic has already been R&D'ed by Siemens, there is nothing to discover and only some rather elementary decisions to be made as to how to implement the interface.

I design several PLC programs a year and most of them include interfaces to Siemens masterdrives, I make only limited use of Drive ES as I have the experience to 'home bake' custom interface programs, I will work for 30USD
per hour to do this kind of design. Let me know if you are serious!!!

Donald P

D

Dobrowolski, Jacek

If this is an R&D subject, then you should read this Siemens documents to accomplish the R-part.

Regards,

Jacek Dobrowolski, M. Sc. E.E.
Software Eng.