S7 communication via radio modem

A

ali reza

for connecting radio modem (warwick) to the Siemens
PLC (s7-300, 400, 200), which protocol of MODBUS or PROFIBUS will work, and which other devices need work with this protocol to connect better?

thanks.

Dear Friend,

You could work on any of the protocol you desire.
S7200 : Freely Programmble Port can be connected to a Radio-Modem directly with a RS232 to RS 485 converter. The radio modem supports ASCII protocol or Modbus Protocol.

S7300: CPU with Serial Interface or CP 340/341

Same as above (Converter needed as per port Selection)

S7400: CPU with CP 440 or CP441-1 or 2

Same as above (Converter needed as per port Selection)

Profibus-DP protocol:

You could have with S7300 and S7400. Check radio modem with WESTERMO company. They are good and have references.

Profibus- Modems are also supplied by one finnish company.

D

Donald Pittendrigh

It is better to use ethernet, Profibus works but it is slow, modbus should work but it is slower. There are many commercially available and cheap radios for Ethernet, any other direction would be a mistake.

Regards
Donald Pittendrigh

S
Phoenix Contact make a wireless transceiver that is din rail mounted, 24vdc powered, and meets industrial specs. You can use RS232 or RS485 at the device, and can have 1 master, may slaves or slave/repeaters. This device can be used with any serial protocol, but has a built in selection for Modbus, which configures the parameters as needed, and allows the radio to do transmission checking, and resends without forwarding bad data to the connected devices, etc. If you want more info, just send me an email, and I can provide you with info on this, as well as on a device with wireless I/O on one end and serial connection at the master end. My email is [email protected] (syoung at grantindustrial.com)

Normally for Radio Communication the Modbus Protocol is used widely.

u will require CP341 (Modbus CP) with S7-300 system.