Safety Installation Guide

T

Tente Sanchez

I would like to know if anybody knows a software or book guide or something that can helps to development automation projects under safety regulations. I find a lot of information but no help to do the job. I am interested more in the European normative but also in the States procedures.

If you know several products I would like to know your experiences with those. Otherwise I would like to know which are your experiences doing this job.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Tente Sanchez

P

Philip Marshall

Siemens offers an application guideline for safety products that is very complete on European standards. It also covers the use of Networks and PLC's in safety systems, a practice that is allowed in Europe. The book is currently being redone to include a section on the use of electronic systems in the United States. Currently this practice is not allowed in NFPA 79 - 97 for Category 0 applications, however the standard is being updated and will be released later this year. In the new version their are provisions for Electronic systems in all categories. The US process industry also allows Electronic based Safety systems.

If you would like a copy of the above documents or would like to discuss the pending changes please send an email to "[email protected]", mailto:[email protected] , we have copies available CD.

Best regards
Phil

G
IEC 61508 covers functional safety in all industries using all technologies (relay, solid state, & software). One of the 7 sections is on software development. There are LOTS of standards and textbooks on all of these related area. You'll need to be more specific.

Paul Gruhn, P.E., C.F.S.E.
Siemens, Houston, TX

R

Rocco F. Dominick

Tente,

Just received this information through an E-Mail newsletter so I have not had the opportunity to check it out. It may be the information you are looking for.

The free "Engineering Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding" from STI includes detailed information and product-selection guidelines for
its complete line of safety products. More than 100 pages of the guide are dedicated to educational engineering resource materials. Get the details at:
"http://lists.newsforindustry.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=3DeLrF0CvKZv0CKb01mF0AN":http://lists.newsforindustry.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=3DeLrF0CvKZv0CKb01mF0AN

Regards::

Rocco F. Dominick
Butech, Inc.
550 South Ellsworth Avenue
Salem, OH 44460
Phone: 330-332-9913 EXT:267
Fax: 330-337-0800
Web: www.butech.com
E-mail: [email protected]
These opinions are my own and are offered on the basis of Caveat Emptor.

R

Rocco F. Dominick

Tente,

I copied and pasted the information. I do not know how the URL changed.

Here it is again.

The free "Engineering Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding" from STI includes detailed information and product-selection guidelines for
its complete line of safety products. More than 100 pages of the guide are dedicated to educational engineering resource materials. Get the details at:
http://lists.newsforindustry.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=3DeLrF0CvKZv0CKb01mF0AN

IF the above fails, go directly to the source at
www.sti.com

Rocco F. Dominick
Butech, Inc.
550 South Ellsworth Avenue
Salem, OH 44460
Phone: 330-332-9913 EXT:267
Fax: 330-337-0800
Web: www.butech.com
E-mail: [email protected]
These opinions are my own and are offered on the basis of Caveat Emptor.