Schneider's Circuit Monitor Modbus

R

Rafael Leal

I need to read data from a CM2350, by reading the manual (which Schneider provides) I Cannot see the Modbus Capabilty. I only see the RS-485 Standard Feature, but since I need to read several devices via Modbus, this one seems to be not capable to be added to the Network.

Is there a way to link this device to a Modbus Network???

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Happy New Year

The CM2350 network protocol is not Modbus.

There are gateway devices available to allow PowerLogic devices to communicate on Modbus networks. I have used products from Niobrara R&D.

M

Martyn Lacey

YES there certainly is. The CM2350 speaks a version of Square D SY/MAX protocol, NOT Modbus.

Schneider's PowerLogic system is able to mix and match Modbus and SY/MAX protocol.

Your easiest solution is to get an EGX200 Gateway from Schneider. Connect one of its multidrop RS485 ports to your CM2350. Speak to the CM2 by using Modbus TCP/IP Ethernet thru the Gatewaqy's Ethernet port, or by using Modbus RTU protocol thru the Gateway's 2nd serial port (which is configurable for RS232/485. The Gateway looks after the protocol conversion. The minimal configuration required is via web-pages viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer. The Gateway is 'Transparent' so no need for any image table.

Have a nice day.