Seeking PLC Sample Code for Micromotion Flow Meter

H

Harold Ennulat

In looking over the Modbus structure for various packets it looks like this must all be assembled in the PLC code and sent out in a message and then received and decoded. And then there is error handling and making it robust. It looks like a weeks worth of work plus testing time to get this to work for a multidrop array of flowmeters.

To get to the point, does anyone have ideas of where to get or even view some sample PLC code (AB Micrologix1400 or any SLC/RSLogix500 based PLC) that talks Modbus to a Micromotion flowmeter? PLC code to communicate with an MVD direct connect standard flowmeter would be best but I think any Micromotion flow meter would get me what I need to customize the PLC code.

H

Harold Ennulat

The AB MicroLogix 1400 talks modbus (RS485) out of channel 0 serial port. I don't expect I'll need another module, just some sample code.

H

Harold Ennulat

I got this working. It wasn't to bad. AB has an application note that really helped entitled: "MicrolLogix 1100 communications via ModBus to PowerFlex 4/40 drive and EtherNet to PanelView Plus" that outlines exactly how to set up the com port. A key was to to select "No handshaking (RS485)" at the end of the list and not just "No Handshaking" which appears at the beginning of the list.

In additional Emerson has a Modbus implementation map. After some trial and error we got this to work.

I'll be happy to send out the code to anyone that contacts me.

R

Russell Peters

I have one of these i am trying to set up on modbus. i just want to get the totalizer register off it. if i had some code to look at i think i know the register number but not sure how to format the request

D

Dave Johnson

> I have one of these i am trying to set up on modbus. i just want to get the
> totalizer register off it. if i had some code to look at i think i know the
> register number but not sure how to format the request

I'm wondering if you got this to work? I'm starting to look at doing the same thing and are wondering if you have any advice?

Dave

M
Dave

Is this for the Coriolis meter that you wish to communicate to? if so I have some register details that may help.

R

Ricardo Almeida

> Is this for the Coriolis meter that you wish to communicate to? if so I have some register details that may help.

I did an application of this here in Brazil and now is working fine.

There are 3 transmitters 1700 connected using the RS485 channel and a Micrologix 1400 PLC using the channel 0 configured for Modbus RTU.
to reading values these message instruction is necessary, but is very good.

cable 1763NC01 helps a lot because contains the connections identified to connect to others components to the network.

I liked the application and recommend for integrations with small low cost.

The document has Emerson 2001741 have a modbus registers addresses.

Regard's

> Is this for the Coriolis meter that you wish to communicate
> to? if so I have some register details that may help.

If you still have the register could you send them to me?

Going to check a unit out that is partial working. There is a flow-meter and they cannot get the Today & Yesterday Total off the flow-meter.

It does the current flow rate, Mass & Volume /Day.

Could this be a "No Handshaking" issue.